- color postcard of Gulfstream's paddock before the renovations
- a 1939 Marion Post Wolcott photo of the Hialeah toteboard (love the bugler in the lower left corner)
- Really Rugged (sire of Rugged Lark) sold as a two-year-old for $32,000 at a 1962 auction at Hialeah ractrack
- 1932 photograph of the starting line at Hialeah, using a barrier rather than starting gates. The Totalisator in the background was the first used in the United States.
- 1960s/1970s (based on the boots) photograph of a woman bugler calling the horses to the post at a Miami racetrack
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Old Horse Racing Photos
Borrowing an idea from Railbird, I looked through the Florida Photographic Archives for old racing photos. Some highlights: